Monday, January 14, 2013

Organized To Do List

I am part of an on-line group called SUDSOL. This stands for Simply Unique Demonstrators Sharing On Line. I absolutely LOVE these ladies. They inspire; share card, scrapbooking, class ideas; & swaps; are a shoulder to lean on or even cry on and they keep me going! The leadership board has been doing a 15 minute Business Builder Task post every day and have challenged us to work on these to help us build us business. Another way that SUDSOL is helping me! Sunday’s task was to do a Prioritized To Do List. Well I’ve tried to do to do lists in the past with spotty results. Enter in the great leaders at Stampin’ Up!
The past few days Stampin’ Up! held their Leadership Conference in Orlando, FL. There the demonstrators that went had a lot of fun, did a service project, got free Stampin’ Up! products, received new updates and did a lot of learning! One thing that was presented was an organizational tool. This was shared on SUDSOL. Claudia Perry started the information thread and Ingrid Blackburn chimed in. Thank you to these two ladies! Now back to my story!
 My husband and children bought this great white board (last March for my birthday) so I could use it in my business. My DH hung it right where I wanted it and I wrote my goals, to do list and a cute, meaningful saying on it. Well even with this, it didn't quite work for me. I even prioritized it by color coding it. But STILL it didn't work for me. Well today in the e-mails there was information from Claudia and Ingrid that just spoke to me; harps played, angels sang and that big light bulb went off! WOO HOO! This is what I needed! the post it note suggestion was probably the best part! I could move them around on my board as I needed! Also I could add or change the post it's when I needed to.
      Here is a picture of what I did to help get me and keep me organized.


At the top is a short but sweet saying that speaks to me.  I also have my goals written at the top.
the bottom part is divided into 4 sections.

I can add To Do items on post it notes to the 1st section, things that I need to do today go in the 2nd section.


  The 3rd section is divided into 2 sections

The top is To Do in Progress, these are things that I need to do that will take more than my standard 15 minutes.  (I try to break all of my to do items into 15 minute tasks.  If I know that something is going to take me 30 minutes I don't put it here, if I know that I can continue working right then. I will put it there if it is something that will take me a couple of days to complete.

The bottom is To Do that are Blocked or Stalled. There are things that I am waiting for to complete.  For example if I'm making a card and I don't have the right ribbon because it is in my order that hasn't come yet then I'll put that here.  Or if I need to make copies of something at the UPS store (love that place!) and I need those copies to complete my to do task, then it will go here. 

The last column (picture 3) is for To Do items that are Done but that are repeatable, such as blog posts, newsletter articles, sending cards, keeping my DBWS updated, etc. 
I am so excited that I have this new organizational and motivational tool to use! Thank you to SUDSOL and Stampin' Up! for being in tune with this timely tool to help me with my business!  I just love this company & I love my job! 
If you have different organizational practices or any time saver tips for me, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment