Only a Few Days Left of Retired List Promotion
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Come and make 4 easy but beautiful cards and a gift box to hold them. Keep the set for yourself or give it as a gift! I love this stamp set Embellished Events and am so glad that it made it into the 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! Catalog! Here is a preview of 3 of the cards with the stamp sets... I'm sure that you can figure out what the other card will be!
I just LOVE the new Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper and it fit so well with this class! Here is a quick shot of all the paper together!
Oops! a bit of the red gingham table cloth got in there as well! Disregard that!
Details of the class ( you want to know when you'll be able to make these!)
Date: Monday, June 3 (I know coming up quick, so RSVP today!)
Time: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Place: My stampin' space in my house in West Chicago (when you register I'll send you my address if you don't have it already!)
Cost: $20.00 or place an order that night of at least $25.00 and I'll take $5.00 off your class fee!
R.S.V.P. by Friday, May 31st. Either e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 630-742-4215!
Can't wait to see you there! When you RSVP tell me your guess as to the 4th card stamp image we'll be using!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
On Tuesdays, I am going to be showcasing one of our awesome stampin’ and scrapin’ tools; showing you a fun technique to try; or sharing an awesome FREE tutorial! WOOHOO!
1. Cut out a ¼” thick cardboard template using a craft knife ( the center needs to remain intact).
2. Place your card stock into your Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, put the cardboard template on top and run it through your Big Shot with the following sandwich: multipurpose platform on tab 2, embossing folder with card stock in it, cardboard template, and one cutting pad.
3. You will get an embossed image with a blank space where the center was cut out of.
4. Put the card stock into the Designer Frames Embossing Folder, centering where the blank (un-embossed area is) and run through your Big Shot with the following sandwich: multipurpose platform on tab 2, embossing folder with card stock in it, cardboard template, and one cutting pad with the edge placed at the top of the cardboard shape.
5. Run through the Big Shot until you feel the “give”, this means the entire cardboard shape has gone though. TURN THE HANDLE BACKWARDS to back your piece out of the Big Shot. (You don’t want to flatten the 1st embossing!)
Monday, May 20, 2013
Do you sometimes feel that life is too busy? That you need to slow down and simplify things? Often, with card making and paper crafting, we feel that “the more the merrier!” is better! Sometimes, though, less is more. Here is a very cute card using the New Wildflower Meadow background stamp. (available May 31st) I used just one layer! I do like the multi layer look so after I stamped my image, I drew a line of color around the image with an inner border of Basic Black for shadowing. I couldn’t resist adding a bit of bling… so I added pearls in some of the flowers and Dazzling Details on the blue flower and the humming bird and a bit of ribbon, to “tie” it all together!
I hope that you’ve enjoyed today’s post. Please contact me with any questions about this stamp set, technique or any of the supplies used today!
Saturday, April 20, 2013
I went to my upline's meeting today. Always a GREAT time! There are around 60 women that come together every month to learn new things, stamp, eat, laugh and share in the fellowship of crafting. I cherish my time with these ladies! Glenda Travelstead is my upline and she does an awesome job of putting on this monthly, nutty, fun, educational day. She does have helpers every month (yep I went to her house yesterday to help with meeting prep and then today I shared my big shot and one of my framelite dies). Today Linda and Ann did a demonstration of the Double Embossing Technique. OMG their samples were georgous! They then challenged us to go home and make a card using this technique. Here is my card using the Double Embossing Technique. I hope that you've enjoyed it!
Card Stock in Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, and Whisper White
Stampin' Write Markers in Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green
Punches: Decorative Label and Large Oval
The Big Shot with Designer Frames Folders and Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder
3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Raspberry Ripple and Stampin' Dimensionals
Contact me today to learn this awesome technique or to order the supplies!